Celebrating our 帝豪棋牌 Graduates
We’re proud to celebrate our graduating undergraduate and graduate students from the class of 帝豪棋牌! We’ve announced our 帝豪棋牌 award winners. Join us in congratulating these award recipients!
In response to the novel coronavirus pandemic, we’ve developed a page summarizing changes and updates. In addition to reviewing these updates, please monitor your email and SPCS social media channels closely for course- and program-specific updates.
- Information Webinar - Graduate HR Management & Nonprofit StudiesMay125:30 PM - 6:30 PMIf you’ve been thinking about starting a graduate program in Human Resource Management or Nonprofit Studies, join... Continue reading
- Information Webinar - Graduate Education & TeachingMay135:30 PM - 6:30 PMIf you’ve been thinking about starting a graduate program in Education, join us online for a live Information... Continue reading
- Information Webinar - Undergraduate & Graduate Liberal ArtsMay145:30 PM - 6:30 PMIf you’ve been thinking about starting a graduate or undergraduate degree in Liberal Arts, join us online for a... Continue reading
- Information Webinar - Undergraduate HR Management, Information Systems & Paralegal StudiesMay147:00 PM - 8:00 PMIf you’ve been thinking about starting an undergraduate program in HR Management, Information Systems &... Continue reading
- VIRTUAL SPCS Alumni Association Board MeetingMay216:00 PM - 7:00 PMSPCS Alumni Association Board meetings are scheduled monthly, attended by all board members and are open to SPCS... Continue reading
- Information Webinar - Graduate HR Management & Nonprofit StudiesJun095:30 PM - 6:30 PMIf you’ve been thinking about starting a graduate program in Human Resource Management or Nonprofit Studies, join... Continue reading
- Information Webinar - Graduate Education & TeachingJun105:30 PM - 6:30 PMIf you’ve been thinking about starting a graduate program in Education, join us online for a live Information... Continue reading
- Information Webinar - Undergraduate & Graduate Liberal ArtsJun115:30 PM - 6:30 PMIf you’ve been thinking about starting a graduate or undergraduate degree in Liberal Arts, join us online for a... Continue reading
- Information Webinar - Undergraduate HR Management, Information Systems & Paralegal StudiesJun117:00 PM - 8:00 PMIf you’ve been thinking about starting an undergraduate program in HR Management, Information Systems &... Continue reading
- Information Webinar - Graduate HR Management & Nonprofit StudiesJul075:30 PM - 6:30 PMIf you’ve been thinking about starting a graduate program in Human Resource Management or Nonprofit Studies, join... Continue reading
News & Releases
Angela Leeper leads UR's semi-annual tradition of hosting a children's author or illustrator
Virginia author discusses inspirations & challenges on the way to achieving her dream
SPCS graduate students share the impact of summer study abroad experience in Germany.
3-time UR graduate & local business leader joins SPCS Dean's Ambassadors Circle
The Educational Leadership program at SPCS prepares graduates who occupy influential roles in education
How Coding Boot Camp helped John Blackwell start his married life on the right foot
How a natural gas mechanic went from just paying the bills to building his future
Four scholarship recipients share how their SPCS awards contributed to their learning experiences
Distinguished adjunct professor invites SPCS graduates to live examined lives of meaning
Winner of the Gibb Family Distinguished Alumni Award urges SPCS grads to give back to alma mater
Former Spider Football kicker encourages SPCS graduates to confront issues most often evaded
Faculty & Staff News
- Shelton offers job search tips
Becca Shelton, SPCS and alumni career advisor and assistant director of career services, offers 5 job search tips to those seeking a job during the global pandemic in on The Girlfriend from AARP.
- Shields featured on Academic Minute
Dr. Tom Shields, associate dean and associate professor of education and leadership studies, discusses the on , part of a weeklong Jepson Takeover featuring a different Jepson School of Leadership Studies professor each day.
- Scharf co-authors Style Weekly op-ed
Dr. Adria Scharf, adjunct assistant professor of nonprofit studies, co-authored a Style Weekly op-ed titled “” that urges local leaders to “step up to the plate with a bold, practical and inclusive vision for our city’s future” in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Authored with Dr. Thad Williamson, associate professor in the Jepson School of Leadership Studies.
- Roberts interviewed on Virginia This Morning
Dr. Dan Roberts, chair of the liberal arts program and host of A Moment in Time, shares insights about the history of world pandemics and the importance of physical separation in an on CBS 6’s Virginia This Morning show.
- Nielson interviewed with co-author on BLEU
Dr. Erik Nielson, associate professor & assistant chair of liberal arts, is with his Rap on Trial co-author, Andrea Dennis, on the website BLEU.
- Roberts interviewed on WRVA
Dr. Dan Roberts, chair of the liberal arts program and host of A Moment in Time, discusses the coronavirus outbreak in the context of historical plagues in an on Richmond’s Morning News with John Reid on Newsradio 1140 WRVA.
- Hocutt presents at national communication symposium
Dr. Daniel Hocutt, R’92 and G’98, proposed in algorithm-driven web technologies at the 9th annual (SCCI) at Old Dominion University in Norfolk, Va.
- Spires earns promotion to associate professor
Dr. Bob Spires, professor in the SPCS graduate education program, has been approved by the University Board of Trustees for promotion from assistant professor to the rank of associate professor.
- Wilson delivers address at award ceremony
Dr. Jamelle Wilson, dean of the School of Professional & Continuing Studies, was the featured speaker at ’s 41st Annual Award Ceremony. Wilson’s address was titled “Paying the Rent: Finding Value through a Life of Service.”
- Wilson named local visionary
Dr. Jamelle Wilson, dean of the School of Professional & Continuing Studies, was named a local visionary and profiled in a speciality publication of the Richmond Times-Dispatch titled “Local Visionaries Reflect on Black History Month” in the February 7 print and e-editions of the paper.
Alumni & Graduate News
- Orly Lewis, C'99, named CEO of Weinstein JCC
Orly Lewis, C’99, was of the Carole and Marcus Weinstein Jewish Community Center (JCC) effective April 1, 帝豪棋牌. Lewis earned a bachelor’s degree in HR Management through the school. She serves as the tenth CEO in the JCC’s history and the first woman named to this leadership position.
- Jimmy Comer, GC'17, shares challenges facing businesses during COVID-19 outbreak
Jimmy Comer, GC’17, co-owner of in Hanover County, discusses the impact of responses to the COVID-19 outbreak on local small business owners in a CBS6 News story, . Comer earned a Master of Liberal Arts degree in 2017 through SPCS.
- Kelly Maiden, C'18, named Beginning Teacher of the Year
Kelly Maiden, C’18, was named at Beaverdam Elementary School in Hanover County Public Schools. Maiden earned elementary teacher licensure in 2018 while completing a BA in liberal arts and a concentration in elementary education.
- Jerry Thornton, Bryant's Small Batch Cider owner, recognized by Gov. Northam
Jerry Thornton, 2018 graduate of the Richmond-area Beer Brewer Professional Certificate and owner of Bryant’s Small Batch Cider, has been for plans to open a new hard cider production facility and tasting room in the City of Richmond’s historic Shockoe Bottom neighborhood. The cidery will revitalize a historic commercial building and plans to plant several apple trees on site.
- SPCS grads active on pro teams highlighted in UR Magazine
SPCS graduates are included among Spiders active on pro sports teams in the University of Richmond Magazine. Jonathan de Marte, ’15 and GC’17, who earned his bachelor’s degree at Richmond and his Master of HR Management in SPCS, plays baseball for the in the professional . Tyler Plantier, GC’19, who earned a Master of HR Management in SPCS, plays baseball for the , minor league affiliate of the Colorado Rockies.
- Kendyl Crawley Crawford, GC'18, featured in UR Magazine
Kendyl Crawley Crawford, GC’18, is profiled in a brief titled In Pursuit of Justice for All in the Winter 帝豪棋牌 edition of University of Richmond Magazine. Crawley Crawford earned a Master of Nonprofit Studies degree and serves as director of Virginia Interfaith Power & Light, a faith-based group dedicated to organizing statewide efforts surrounding climate change and environmental justice.
- Late John Miers, C'13, honored by NMSU with memorial scholarship
The late John Miers, C’13, an SPCS Weekend College graduate inspired by . The John & Teresa Miers Current Use Scholarship honors Miers’ dedication to continual learning, supporting students who have returned to university studies after a gap in their education.
- LeKiesha White, GC'19, describes teaching experience in published book
LeKiesha White, GC’19, shared her experience using project-based learning to teach biology to English learners (EL) in a book published by ASCD. The book, Team Up, Speak Up, Fire Up! brings together research, best practices, and voices from educators to help teachers support ELs and their families. White earned an M.Ed. in Educational Leadership & Policy Studies in 2019 and teaches in Chesterfield County.
- Jason Martin, C'13, earns master of science in cybersecurity
Jason Martin, C’13, currently serving as secretary of the SPCS Alumni Association Board of Directors, successfully completed a Master of Science degree in Cyber Security at Liberty University in December 2019. Martin earned a Bachelor of Liberal Arts degree in 2013 at SPCS.
- Dustin Engels, GC'14, publishes book related to MLA research topic
Dustin Engels, GC’14, recently released his first book, . Engels earned a Master of Liberal Arts degree in 2014 with a focus on American popular culture. The book documents his travels from April-June 2018 to visit every Disney park in the world.
In the Media
@urspcs on Instagram
School of Professional & Continuing Studies
Special Programs Building (2nd floor)
490 Westhampton Way
University of Richmond, VA 23173
帝豪棋牌Phone (804) 289-8133
Fax (804) 289-8138